Dedicated to achieving happier, healthier and more productive employees.
72% of employers strongly believe employees don’t know how to navigate the health care system.1 We help your employees navigate their benefits and guide to the best solution for each of them.
Providing meaningful support and a safety net can deepen employees' engagement with their benefits allowing them to focus on what matters.
Your employees' well-being is important to you, so we make that our priority. Let us help your employees by:
- Helping find answers quickly to improve productivity
- Navigating through challenges to reduce stress
- Guiding better health care decisions to improve their well-being
- Providing clinical support to help meet their individual needs
- Delivering a convenient, personalized experience to save them time
- Empowering them to take charge of their health to make them feel more confident
2:1 ROI clinical savings2
130% more employees accepted our personalized recommendations3
90%+ of employees felt their advisor made things simple2
making a difference
Health care and benefits can be difficult to understand. For seamless navigation across the benefits ecosystem, employees can connect with an advisor via phone, chat, application, online and even on site.
Compassionate advisors delivering a personalized experience are the heart of Optum® Advocacy. Increasing employee engagement drives satisfaction and reduces health care costs. Healthier, better performing employees lead to better business outcomes.
My advisor listened, cared and helped me put my life back together. My experience was all-around wonderful.– La Shanna Moon, an Advocacy consumer
Our advisors are here for your employees. Their experience and compassion enables them to take on the complicated issues, allowing your employees to focus on their work, family and well-being.
Whether your employees are filling a prescription, searching for a doctor or connecting with a new benefits program, we’re here to help guide them 24/7. Hear from two of our advisors below.
“I like to help connect the dots for employees and help them make the most of their benefits. I never want them to have to focus on the intricacies of how their insurance works. I want them to focus on getting better.”
— Emily Saewert, compassionate listener, 3.5 years at Optum
"It starts with us and ends with us. We listen and try to understand what the underlying stressor is. Even though we’re on the phone, we imagine we’re talking to them in person.”
— Lucky Cha, expert problem solver, 3 years at Optum
How we help
- 8th annual “Wellness in the Workplace” study, Optum, 2017.
- Optum Book of Business, based on claims data. Results are not guaranteed. Individual plan results will vary.
- The combination of predictive models, complemented by Machine Learning, has led to 130% increase in the offer acceptance rate comparing Q1 2018 to Q1 2016. Optum Advocacy portfolio analytics.
- Optum Book of Business Consumer Health Survey 2016.